We are seeking a reliable Warehouse Associate to ensure efficient operations in order to meet customer expectations. The Associate’s primary responsibilities include accurately selecting and filling orders, moving product safely and the ability to sort and place product based on established systems and SOPs. We are seeking a detail orientated candidate that takes pride in an organized work space, works efficiently, can follow direction but also works effectively and independently. Must be a team player willing to contribute to a team atmosphere.
Essential Job Functions
- Uses iPad technology to identify product to be pulled and pulls acurately
- Works consistently and efficiently to meet deadlines important to the delivery process
- Follows standard operating procedures (SOPs) and takes direction
- Fills requisitions, work orders and places products in proper, designated areas
- Breaks down card board boxes
- Conveys materials and items from receiving areas to storage or designated areas
- Sorts and arranges materials and items according to size, type or product code
- Rotates stock according to FIFO (first in, first out) procedures
- Operates bundler to discard waste
- Assists in the receiving and reconciliation processes
- Demonstrates ability to be a reliable member of the team with an excellent work ethic
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Operates mechanical equipment including but not limited to manual and powered hand trucks.
- Adheres to Company work hours, policies, procedures, and rules governing professional behavior.
- Maintains professional relationships with employees, clients, and customers.
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment and performs responsibilities safely.
- Complies with all Company PPE and safety requirements.
- Performs related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Requires one year transferable work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must have reliable, daily transportation
- Must submit to substance abuse screening, background check and reference check
- Performs basic mathematical skills including the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Uses creative skills to solve problems while exercising sound judgment when necessary
- Follows direction and able to self-direct in absence of supervision
- Demonstrates high level of integrity, positivity and dependability with results-orientation
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk, hear, taste and smell.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25lbs and occasionally push/pull/lift up to 200lbs
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
M&M SALES COMPANY, INC.
M&M Sales Company, Inc., incorporated in 1972 by the McMath family, is a full-service vending, micromarket and breakroom service company that distributes food, drinks and commercial products to individuals through businesses. What was once a small venture has grown to over 4,000 machines, 25 routes and 80 employees. In 2003, the Company joined the Canteen Franchise, the largest group of successful vending service providers in the United States. With full-service facilities in Lafayette, Houma and Lake Charles, the Company’s territory spans Southwest Louisiana from the Sabine River to the Atchafalaya Basin and Ville Platte to Port Fourchon.
M&M Sales Company, Inc. is seeking reliable, talented professionals and we want to learn more about you. All full-time employees are offered a comprehensive benefit package. Please review current career opportunities below.
Watch a video about Route Sales Representatives and Merchandisers
Watch a video featuring Lauren McMath Harris to gain insight about M&M Sales Company, Inc.
Company Website: www.mmsalescompany.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)