M&M Sales Company, Inc. offers a comprehensive benefit program including 401k options to all full-time employees and maintains a Monday-Friday workweek for all employees. Compensation includes a base, commissions and incentive structure for Route Drivers. Our mission is to be recognized as the most client and customer focused company in South Louisiana, providing our customers with the highest quality service and finest products available. We are seeking a reliable, skilled Route Driver and Route Driver Helper to ensure customers of each route receive superior service and consistently accurate inventories.
Essential Job Functions
- Drives to each customer account to maintain vending machine inventory.
- Manages inventory with care according to planograms, expiration dates and rotations.
- Carefully loads and unloads inventory from company vehicle using safe lifting techniques.
- Uses hand held technology to track accurate inventory; integrates handheld use.
- Performs visual inspection of product and machine to ensure quality and proper placement.
- Collects funds, refills coin mechanisms; remains accountable for all cash, and tools.
- Performs minor, routine machine maintenance and sanitation.
- Maintains a consistent schedule in accordance with Division expectations.
- Reports any machine malfunctions to supervisor immediately for dispatch of Service Tech.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Exemplifies excellent customer service and organizational skills at all times.
- Drives daily in a safe manner and follows all safety procedures and PPE requirements
- Ensures a neat and professional appearance while wearing company uniform (mandatory).
- Maintains professional, respectful relationships with employees, clients, and customers.
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment and performs responsibilities safely.
- Performs related duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
- High School diploma or equivalent. Transferable work experience is desired.
- Must be familiar with or have the ability to learn handheld software for daily use.
- Employment is contingent upon ability to secure TWIC Card/Safety Card for some locations
- Must possess or demonstrate ability to possess Chauffer’s license and clean driving record.
- Must submit to substance abuse screening, background check and reference check.
- Must demonstrate consistent, progressive work history that supports dependability.
- Due to insurance requirements, this position must be filled by someone at least 21 years
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Performs basic mathematical skills including the ability to add, subtract, multiply.
- Uses merchandising skills to solve problems while exercising sound judgment
- Demonstrates high level of integrity and dependability with results-orientation.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk, hear, taste and smell.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50lbs (independently and/or with equipment)
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate; varies based on machine location.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer promoting a Drug Free Workplace.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
M&M SALES COMPANY, INC.
M&M Sales Company, Inc., incorporated in 1972 by the McMath family, is a full-service vending, micromarket and breakroom service company that distributes food, drinks and commercial products to individuals through businesses. What was once a small venture has grown to over 4,000 machines, 25 routes and 80 employees. In 2003, the Company joined the Canteen Franchise, the largest group of successful vending service providers in the United States. With full-service facilities in Lafayette, Houma and Lake Charles, the Company’s territory spans Southwest Louisiana from the Sabine River to the Atchafalaya Basin and Ville Platte to Port Fourchon.
M&M Sales Company, Inc. is seeking reliable, talented professionals and we want to learn more about you. All full-time employees are offered a comprehensive benefit package. Please review current career opportunities below.
Watch a video about Route Sales Representatives and Merchandisers
Watch a video featuring Lauren McMath Harris to gain insight about M&M Sales Company, Inc.
Company Website: www.mmsalescompany.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)